Attention, WBA members . . .
- Do you, or your firm, spend thousands of dollars every year obtaining copies of your clients’ medical records?
- Do your clients ever get upset when you ask them to reimburse you for the costs you have advanced on their behalf?
- Would you like to receive medical records in electronic format while reducing your cost of obtaining and storing those records by 70%, or more?
- Would you, or your firm, like to stop writing off thousands of dollars of unpaid costs?
- Would you like to be able to educate your clients regarding their legal rights to access and control their protected health information (PHI)?
- Would you like to know how to implement practices that encourage clients to exercise their legal right to direct their protected health information to a designated third party of their choice (e.g., you)?
- Would you like to know how to effectively communicate with Covered Entities (e.g., healthcare providers) and Business Associates (e.g., medical record production companies) to ensure that client/patient-initiated requests are properly processed, correctly billed, and timely completed?
- Would you like to know what you can do to assist your clients with the enforcement of their legal rights to access and control their protected health information (PHI)?
If so, you need to attend our next lunch CLE on November 13, 2019, at 12:00 p.m., in the jury assembly room!
Our own Brian J. Gillette will be presenting on Using the HITECH Act to Reduce the Cost of Obtaining Medical Records. Given that this issue impacts so many practice areas, it will be a very practical presentation for many of us, so we’d encourage you all to attend. We will be applying for 1 hour of CLE credit.
If you’re planning to attend, please e-mail Patty Dart (firstname.lastname@example.org) and notify her, and also please let her know if you’d like a boxed lunch for $10.