If you can't work–We want to help!
We help people get the Social Security and VRS Disability Retirement benefits
they need to improve their lives.
Do I Qualify For Disability In Hampton Roads?
Our Disability Lawyers serve Hampton, Williamsburg, Newport News, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Portsmouth, Norfolk and all surrounding areas.
You may know that you can’t work, but that’s not enough to obtain Social Security Disability benefits. You have to legally prove that you are disabled. Most people don’t know how the Social Security Disability system works or what it takes to qualify. The Southeastern Virginia disability attorneys at the Gillette Law Group, PLLC, will help you gather the right information you need to prepare your case.
What Does Being Disabled Mean?
Under Social Security’s rules, being disabled means that a medical condition or injury is expected to prevent you from being able to work for at least 12 months. This can be due to a physical condition, a mental condition, or a combination of problems.
In general, Social Security considers you disabled if:
- You cannot do work that you did before;
- Social Security decides that you cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition(s); and
- Your disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
Social Security has a “Five-Step Process” to decide if you are disabled.
WHAT MEDICAL CONDITIONS QUALIFY FOR SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS?
Just about any medical problem that stops you from working can mean that you deserve disability benefits. Here is a partial list of common medical conditions that qualify for benefits:
DISEASES OF THE MIND
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Anxiety disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Down’s Syndrome
- Intelligence Quotient (I.Q.) deficiency
- Manic disorder
- Memory disorder
- Mood disorder
- Multiple personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Personality disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Sensory loss
- Speech disorders
- Arthritis (all kinds)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Chronic daily headache
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Crohn’s disease
- Heart failure (all kinds)
- IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Kidney stones
- Brain malformation/cysts
- Congenital abnormalities (all kinds)
- Hearing impairment
- High blood pressure/Hypertension
- Migraine (all kinds)
- Seizures (all kinds)
- Brain trauma
- Cardiac bypass
- Epstein-Barr Virus
- Fractures (all kinds)
- Heart disease (several kinds)
- Herniated disc
- Hip replacement
- Kidney disease (all kinds)
- Knee disorder/replacement
- Liver disease (all kinds)
- Lung disease (all kinds )
- Parkinson’s disease
- Reflex loss
- Rod insertion (all kinds)
- Ruptured aorta
- Ruptured disc
- Cancer (all kinds)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Hodgkin’s disease
- Lupus (all kinds)
- Lyme disease
- Multiple myeloma
- Multiple sclerosis
- Polio/Post-polio syndrome
- Sickle cell disease
Ask for a Free Evaluation. Contact us today, at no charge, to find out if you should apply for benefits.
IF YOU QUALIFY, CONTACT US TODAY.