The planning committee of the National Academies will hold a public workshop on March 21 & March 22, 2022, to explore how COVID-19 infection may have long-term effects on health and workforce participation. Sponsored by the U.S. Social Security Administration, this two-day virtual workshop will bring together invited experts to discuss a range of topic areas.
The topics covered include:
- “Overview of long COVID, characteristics of the population affected, and research initiatives underway
- Postacute sequelae of SARS-COV-2 infection and implications for recovery
- Experiences of long COVID patients and their caregivers
- Long-term impairments from COVID-19 and effects on work-related functioning
- Best practices to improve recovery and potential future advancements in knowledge
This event will be live-captioned. After the conclusion of the event, a recording will be available. Updates will be sent to all who register.”